Raking, bird feeders and indoor sowing

So again it’s going to be cold and frosty again tonight- but in my area- it will only get to freezing for an hour or so. Hopefully we’ll be ok. I’ve not covered them up because I think when I did that last time, it did them more harm than good. 

The hydrangea is going strong
As you can see above, the hydrangea has started the spring very strongly with some good leaf growth. It usually produces some lovely red flowers later in the year. 
New bird feeder with cage

I went to the Range today to buy a new bird feeder. Previously the majority of birds we have attracted have been pigeons and magpies, but I wanted smaller garden birds. I bought the feeder with the caging to stop the bigger birds scaring the little ones off. 



My wife has started to grow Busy Lizzies on the inside propagator. Hopefully we’ll be able to plant them out when the weather gets warmer. 

High temperature was 7 degrees. Low was 0



Comments