First mow and buds on the camelia!

So after a little break I am back in gardening business. I was desperate to get in the garden this weekend so that’s what I jolly well did! How’s your gardening story going?! Have you been out yet? 

Camelia is getting buds! 

Garden still looks dull frankly 

Close up of my Camelia buds 

So this weekend I have been a lot busier. I was sick and tired of looking at my front lawn being untidy so I gave that a mow and replicated this feat in my back lawn too. 

I am sad to report the amount of moss on both lawns so getting rid of that will be a major focus this summer I think. 

Happily though, I managed to weed most of the side flower beds and pulled up over two buckets full proving things are still happening over the winter time. 

Even better than that, if you look above, you can see nice thick Camelia buds are out in force which I’m hugely excited about. Other plants have also begun to shoot up too such as my alstroemeria which is a beautiful flame colour from June usually. 

The new buds are also out on my Japanese acer which is a lovely deep purple tree- maybe the best one in the whole garden. 

I’m hoping for a summer of plant growth! 

Comments